A key component in property or industrial development is stormwater management. Properly managing stormwater helps control point source discharges such that state water quality is protected. Core Water Consulting can assist in stormwater management …
- Preparation of Water Quality Protection Plan (WQPP);
- Preparation of Erosion Control Plans (ECP);
- Notice of Intent (NOI) and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) preparation;
- Model stormwater with EPA WinTR-55 and Rationale methods;
- Stormwater collection and treatment design;
- Floodplain analysis and modeling utilizing HEC-RAS;
- Preparation of Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA);
- Infiltration rate testing in accordance with ASTM D 3385-18-Infiltration Rate of Soils in Field Using Double-Ring Infiltrometer;
- Install and size culverts and detention basins for stormwater runoffs.
Core Water Consulting can work with and advise legal counsel in defense of historical water right claims, water right acquisition cases, insurance claims, stormwater or hydrologic flooding and property damage cases.
Water Supply Development and Evaluation/Aquifer Testing
The Montana Department of Environmental Quality and Montana Department of Natural Resources each have certain regulatory requirements in association with water supply development and aquifer testing. Core Water can assist in locating, designing, developing, and providing construction supervision of groundwater wells and surface water diversion systems along with performing step and long-term aquifer testing, bringing pre-regulation water sources into compliance with modern DEQ standards, public water supply design, drawings, technical specification preparation, permitting, source water delineation and assessment report preparation, and construction oversight. In difficult groundwater development areas, groundwater source identification can be investigated utilizing very low frequency (VLF) geophysics or resistivity and inverted-polarization geophysics.